Resources for Survivors and Those Wanting to Donate or Volunteer
To Donate, Volunteer and Request Volunteers or Assistance
- Volunteer and donation opportunities for the general public are listed at www.volunteerlouisiana.gov/
- To donate or volunteer visit https://volunteerlouisiana.gov/disaster-services
- Organizations in need of volunteers can contact email@example.com
Disaster Clean Up and Repair
- For cleanup assistance, call 844-965-1386 or visit Crisis Clean Up The Crisis Cleanup hotline has been set up for individuals to request assistance with fallen trees, home mucking and gutting, roof tarps, and mold mitigation. Responses may take time until conditions on the ground are safe. Services are free but not guaranteed.
- Operation Blue Roof has been activated by the U.S Army Corps of Engineers. Homeowners and rental properties may qualify for fiber-reinforced sheeting to cover damaged rooftops until arrangements for repairs are made. The Blue Roof will protect the property and allows residents to live inside the home. Current qualifying Parishes are Allen, Beauregard, Calcasieu, Cameron, Jefferson Davis, and Vernon. Residents in these parishes can use a smartphone to sign up at www.usace.army.mil/BlueRoof or by calling 888-ROOF-BLUE (888-766-3258) For more visit: https://www.mvn.usace.army.mil/Missions/Emergency-Operations/Blue-Roof-Information/
Direct Assistance for Survivors
- Anyone in a Parish that was approved for FEMA Individual Disaster Assistance should register at 1-800-621-3362 or DisasterAssistance.gov
- For assistance such as feeding needs, personal items, and sheltering, call 2-1-1
- For emotional support and resources, call the HHS Disaster Distress Helpline at 1-800-985-5990 or visit https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/disaster-distress-helpline for more options.
- To pre-register for Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (DSNAP), see flyer below and visit http://www.dcfs.louisiana.gov/page/360